Saturday, January 5, 2008

Clares' show and tell

I am not able to bring my show and tell to the next meeting as they were Christmas presents but thought I would share them here.
I started the above cross stitch a while ago. The daylight was bad, no, age was catching up with me and I could not see so well. Then right at the very end I ran out of one colour. I looked in every store with no luck. In the end through the web I email the company and they sent me more thread. At last it is finished, framed and with its new owner.
This one I finally framed but made it 25 years ago!
I needed a new dishcloth and while looking for a pattern found a knitting pattern website (see links) that has thousands of patterns. Needless to say everyone received a dishcloth. The dishcloths had teapots, coffee mugs, dogs, dog paws and cowboy hats on them. Check out the site and alot of the time up end up on other peoples blogs.
I also made another pocket pal along with a knitted bag to put the little pals in. I forgot to take a picture.