Monday, April 7, 2008

Vernon 'Spin in'










Saturday was Vernon Spin in. Thank you Trixie and all you other ladies for all your hospitality. The lunch, snacks, door prizes and friendship. The 'spin in' started at 10am. Upon 'checking in' we received a coloured badge with a beaded spindle on it and our name and were to put our spinning wheels e.t.c. in a circle with other of the same coloured badge. A great way to meet new friends. For Sale tables were there occupied by Sharon and Heather(?) selling her beaded jewellery. We spun until lunch and then at 2pm had a Show and Tell. So many talented ladies in the room. I have posted some photos of items that I heard had the most WOWS! The 'spin in' finished at 4pm. I did not get much spinning time in as was too busy trying out peoples wheels watching the spinning and mainly net working the later was the most enjoyable.


Photos (they never seem to post on the blog where I put them)
1. Some of the 'spin in'.
2+3. Jacket made by Barbara with Nuno felting embellished.
4+5. Magareta in her coat.
I am wearing a winope think it is called by ILa. She is going to mail me the pattern.
Last the Sheep is a tea cosy made by Jody.