Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just a Note

JUST A NOTE . . .Our guild year officially came to an end this June and it seemed to sneak up on us, didn't it! I'm always surprised when it's June, and I don't know why. The guild year flies by so quickly, we turn around and June is here. Some members (who wish to combat guild-withdrawal) have decided that it might be fun to continue to get together over the summer. If you want to hold a get-together, please let me know. I'll be happy to send a fan-out email about it.
Having said that, we'll start our summer activities with a favourite spin-in at Darlene's home at the lake. That's on July 14th at 10 a.m. Please try to come (that includes all weavers and knitters, too!) as it's always enjoyable. Bring your bathing suit, if you wish! If any new members need directions, please email me and I'll give you Darlene's phone number.
Also a friendly reminder for those who still have library books out. Please return them as Darlene is about to start her new library cataloguing system.
Another thing we need everyone to be thinking about is our new guild year starting this September (I know, I know, it's only July!). Election time will be just around the corner and we'll need a new roster of people. Have you been thinking there might be something you would like to do for the guild? Maybe you would like to stand for one of the executive positions or perhaps a committee. Don't be shy or hesitant because you have no experience in such things. Your input is invaluable and we, as a guild, always need it. A guild is only as good as its members! The more people participate, the more they will enjoy it.
If you hold a position now and are willing to remain, please let me know. If you need to step down, please also let me know that, as well, so we can look for someone to fill it.
Enjoy the summer!
j.g.