Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Husband's Lament

She learned to spin on Monday
Her yarn turned out just fine
She forgot to start our dinner
So we went out to dine.
She blended colors on Tuesday
Convinced drum carding is a must
I agree it seemed a most useful tool
But she forgot to dust.
On Wednesday she tried plying
The challenge was such fun
What symmetry, texture and beauty
But the laundry wasn't done.
Weaving took up Thursday
So lively in white and red
I guess she really was engrossed
Because she never made the bed...
She made fluffy lambs on Friday
With the wool that she adores
She never seemed to notice
Crumbs collecting on the floor.
I hired a maid on Saturday
The housework to complete
My wife can weave the hours away
Now the house will still be neat..
My expectations sank on Sunday
I guess I just can't win
When I saw the sink of dirty dishes
I realized the maid had learned to spin!
--Wini Labrecque