Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Beginners/Refreshers Workshop.


Gudie sent me the above picture of the duct taped wheel, in which whose of you who attended her workshop remember some wheels kept 'walking' across the floor! The workshop was a great refresher for me. We spun with raw fleece. It was cool the way it just spun on to the wheel. I now know why a fleece has sat on my floor since September I am not going to send all of it to be processed into roving but spin some raw! We spun batting, roving top, coloured and then got into a few novelty yarns COOL.

We met Gudies friend Karen who also attended the Pluckyfluff workshop. We are now waiting for the Armstrong model of a spinning wheel! We had a new member Sandy attend the workshop Welcome!
It was an interesting workshop Thank you Gudie
Gloria, thank you for hosting it at your home.