Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A October note to say....

I'm sitting here at my computer writing this note for the blog, wondering why I'm not outside! It incredibly beautiful out there. So many things to do, tuck all those fruits and veggies away for the winter, put the garden to bed, and all the while, being incredibly thankful this Thanksgiving weekend, while we prepare huge amounts of bountiful, delicious food. It's a good thing to be thankful. Thankful for all the wonderful things in our lives, our family members that we love so much, our friends near and dear, close and far away. When the difficult parts of life arrive, we need to remain thankful even more, because that helps us get through the tough bits.

I love Thanksgiving for all the traditional reasons, but I also love it because it sort of starts off the winter where our thoughts can freely turn to indoor things like our spinning and weaving. Most of us spinny/weavy types can't wait to hunker down with fibre of some kind when the snow flies!

The October meeting marked the beginning of a new guild year. There's been a lot of chitchat out there at spin ins, knit ins, and the fairs, and, recently, at our meeting, about what you all want from your guild this coming year. I think many of you have decided that we want a little more fun, more inspiration, more learning, more creativity and more camaraderie at our meetings and in our guild life! We all want to nix the boring stuff! What a great idea! Let's give it a go!

Don't forget to bring your wheel, your knitting, your weaving that needs finishing, or anything else that you might have hanging around that needs your attention. Let's pledge never to spend another two hours at a meeting with idle hands! Be warned! We're going to do a idle hand check at the next meeting!

One thing for certain, I know I'm very thankful for all my guild friends. There's nothing like them. Having said that, I am going outside!

Bye for now,
jg